Technical Support Engineer
The selected candidate will provide desktop, network, communications, virtualization and peripheral support to internal and external clients. We’re looking for experienced Engineers that put customers first, are eager to resolve issues, and quickly learn new technologies that are in high demand. This person must be a self-starter, have a passion for all things IT and is ready to work in a fast-paced IT department.
- Answer service requests via phone, email or ticketing system, striving for a 75% first call resolution.
- Troubleshoot and resolve reported issues, provide hands-on break fix support as needed.
- Document troubleshooting and maintenance procedures in the help desk ticketing system.
- Set up, configure and maintain virtual client desktops.
- Set up user accounts, regulating and monitoring file access to ensure confidentiality and proper use.
- Assist users to diagnose and solve data communication problems.
- Monitor scheduled system jobs for completion and research job failures. Assist network team with backups and general server maintenance.
- Train users in use of equipment.
- Provide follow up and maintenance calls to ensure customer satisfaction.
- 2+ years of hands on working experience in break fix resolving server, communication and desktop issues.
- Technical expertise in Windows 7, strong familiarity with Server 2008 and Exchange 2010, Active Directory and Group Policy administration.
- Must be able to diagnose and support virtual clients and connectivity.
- Experience in using ticketing systems such as Remedy, TrackIt, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a MUST, outgoing and positive attitude is required.
- Customer Service is KEY! Will have a client focus at all times, and be driven to provide quick and efficient resolutions to customers.
- Bachelor degree in CS, MIS or related is required.
- A+ and/or Net+ certifications strongly preferred.
- Must be a US citizen, have a valid driver’s license and ability to pass a background check.
Candidates may also apply through any of the following methods:
- Email your resume/CV to HR@advance2000.com
- Call the Advance2000, Inc. Human Resources & Recruitment department at 716-929-7314
Advance2000, Inc. is an Equal Employee Opportunity (EEO) employer. Advance2000, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Advance2000, inc complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Advance2000, Inc. reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose undue hardship to the company. This applies to all applicants and associates.
Advance2000, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Advance2000’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.