Full-Time, Exempt, Salaried Position
Advance2000, Inc., Amherst, NY seeks Network Engineers-
· Planning, designing and troubleshooting infrastructure including use of Cisco ASA, network switches and routers, firewalls related hardware, software and services.
· Support Advance2000 products and services such as servers, switches, Asterix PBX and VoIP phones.
· Troubleshooting networks, hardware, active directory, printers, and software.
· Troubleshooting and supporting both data and telephony (IP Convergence Engineering) environments.
· Testing and documenting system behavior, performance and security.
· Performing hands-on implementation of network enhancements, changes, upgrades, and installations.
· Maintaining network/data security within the environment, managing identity and access needs.
· Working closely with Service Desk associates to resolve escalated issues for advanced network related troubleshooting.
· Configuring and maintaining LAN and WAN connectivity including routers, switches, and VPN Tunneling.
· Troubleshooting, maintaining, and recommending support solutions including hardware and software technology, site locations, and integration of technologies and systems.
· Identifying areas of operation that need upgraded equipment such as modems, fiber optic cables, and telephone wires.
· Documenting troubleshooting and maintenance procedures.
· Maintaining accurate and useful documentation to ensure team efficiency.
· Testing and evaluating hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system, and making recommendations based on the testing and analysis.
· Attending vendor training and regularly reviewing and studying technical journals to keep up with changes in the technology.
· Developing and writing procedures for installation, use and troubleshooting of communications hardware and software.
· Maintaining needed files by adding and deleting files on the network server and backing up files to guarantee their safety in the event of problems with the network.
· Troubleshooting network problems including voice and data to maximize network performance.
· Planning, coordinating, and executing network engineering tasks assigned.
· Implementation of SIP and H.323 as it relates to designing, supporting, maintaining & troubleshooting voice communication systems.
· Troubleshooting and resolving network latency problems using Qos for both voice and data.
· Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks for the cloud and on-premise customers using dedicated P2P circuits and IPSec configuration.
· Working with wireleass, Aruba Wi-Fi and Ubiquity to configure and support wireless solutions for Advance2000 customers.
· Master’s Degree in Telecommunications and Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering or related field and one (1) year experience in the job offered or related
· Alternatively, will accept Bachelor’s (or educ. equiv.) Degree in Telecommunications and Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering or related field and five (5) years (post-degree progressive) exp. in the job offered or related.
· Experience must have included working with Asterix PBX and VoIP Phones; working with wireless, Aruba Wi-Fi and Ubiquity; Use of Cisco ASA, network switches and routers; Use of LAN and WAN; Use of QoS; Use of dedicated P2P circuits and IPSec Configuration; Performing Voice and Data Engineering and use of SIP and H.323.
Candidates may also apply through any of the following methods:
- Email your resume/CV to HR@advance2000.com and refer to the Network Engineer position
Advance2000, Inc. is an Equal Employee Opportunity (EEO) employer. Advance2000, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Advance2000, inc complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Advance2000, Inc. reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose undue hardship to the company. This applies to all applicants and associates.
Advance2000, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Advance2000’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.