Full-Time, Exempt, Salaried Position
Job Description Includes
· Plan, design and troubleshoot infrastructure including routers, firewalls, switches, servers, and related hardware, software and services.
· Support Advance2000 products and services already in place such as servers, switches- telephony and data, firewalls.
· Troubleshoot networks, hardware, active directory, printers, and software.
· Troubleshoot and support both data and telephony environments.
· Test and document system behavior, performance and security.
· Hands-on implementation of network enhancements, changes, upgrades, and installations.
· Maintain network/data security within the environment, managing identity and access needs.
· Work closely with Service Desk associates to resolve escalated issues for advanced network related troubleshooting.
· Configure and maintain WAN connectivity including routers, switches, and VPN Tunneling.
· Troubleshoot, maintain, and recommend support solutions including hardware and software technology, site locations, and integration of technologies and systems.
· Identify areas of operation that need upgraded equipment such as modems, fiber optic cables, and telephone wires.
· Document troubleshooting and maintenance procedures.
· Keep accurate and useful documentation to ensure team efficiency.
· Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system, and make recommendations.
· Attend vendor training and regularly review and study technical journals to keep up with changes in the technology.
· Develop and write procedures for installation, use, and troubleshooting of communications hardware and software.
· Maintain needed files by adding and deleting files on the network server and backing up files to guarantee their safety in the event of problems with the network.
· Participate in a rotating on call schedule.
· Other duties as assigned.
To Be Successful in this Role, the Selected Candidate will Have/Display:
· Five (5)+ years of recent network engineering expertise supporting WAN and LAN environments.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Network Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Systems.
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Network Engineering, Software Engineering, or Information Systems preferred.
· Requires detailed-oriented and in-depth knowledge of networking hardware and software.
· Experience defining and implementing enterprise network security best practices and policies.
· Working knowledge of Net+, ACFE, ACSE, CCNA.
· Fundamental knowledge of OSI, TCP/IP and Subnetting.
· Working knowledge of networking technologies and WAN communications including TCP/IP (routing and subnetting), QoS, MPLS, IPSec, MetroEthernet, DSL.
· General knowledge of Layer2 and Layer3 switching.
· General troubleshooting skills, must be able to work effectively with technical and non-technical remote support.
· General knowledge of installation and support of controller based wireless solutions.
· Ability to work occasional evening and night shift hours for project and coverage needs.
· Positive attitude and strong customer service skills.
· Ownership of tasks, issues, and assignments.
· Requires strong problem solving, analytical, and communication skills.
Candidates may also apply through any of the following methods:
- Email your resume/CV to HR@advance2000.com
- Call the Advance2000, Inc. Human Resources & Recruitment department at 716-929-7314
Advance2000, Inc. is an Equal Employee Opportunity (EEO) employer. Advance2000, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Advance2000, inc complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Advance2000, Inc. reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose undue hardship to the company. This applies to all applicants and associates.
Advance2000, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Advance2000’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.