Data Center Facility Engineer
This role is an important member of our Data Center team at our Amherst and Williamsville Campuses where we manage data center facilities for customers across the country and internationally. The role will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of data center infrastructure as well the as physical upkeep of the data center area. This role will play a vital one in ensuring our customer’s uptime at 99.9%.
- Performs maintenance and service repairs on critical Data Center systems (UPS, PDU, Diesel Generators, ATS equipment, Building Controls, etc.), as well as all industrial electrical equipment and systems that include power distribution components/wiring, electronic components and lighting systems throughout the two Data Centers, to ensure efficient operation and adherence to codes and accredited certifications.
- Schedule and coordinate all maintenance vendors during maintenance and break/fix events to ensure security and maintain power.
- Daily monitoring of power, temperature, humidity, alarm status, security, and facility appearance.
- Provide stand-by and emergency maintenance on an as-needed basis.
- Work with management team to design and determine best method of installing electrical infrastructure.
- Provide frequency reports to management on facility and related status, along with estimates of cost of repairs, equipment, supplies, and vendor solutions.
- Operate and inspect emergency power generation and reliability equipment at both locations.
- Respond in emergency situations timely.
- Perform other Data Center services determined by management necessary to maintain and operate all critical infrastructure.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Other Job Requirements
- Ability to respond to emergency situations afterhours and on weekends.
- Reliable transportation to work, with the ability to get to the Williamsville and Amherst, NY Data Centers within 30 minute drive-time.
- Minimum of five years of Data Center experience, including maintenance and repair with electrical and power systems, emergency generators, electrical distribution, and related critical systems.
- Ability to complete HP or similar server builds
- Familiarity with HP ILO and Supermicro IPMI
- 5+ years’ experience in Data Center facility role with maintenance and repair duties
- HVAC experience
- Working knowledge of building and Data Center infrastructure
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in operating, maintaining, repairing, inspecting and testing critical electrical distribution systems and components, electrical connections to critical facility equipment and building management equipment using necessary tools and testing equipment
- Ability to read and understand commercial blueprints
- Strong communication skills
- Must be available and reliable, often around the clock
Candidates may also apply through any of the following methods:
- Email your resume/CV to HR@advance2000.com
- Call the Advance2000, Inc. Human Resources & Recruitment department at 716-929-7314
Advance2000, Inc. is an Equal Employee Opportunity (EEO) employer. Advance2000, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Advance2000, inc complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Advance2000, Inc. reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose undue hardship to the company. This applies to all applicants and associates.
Advance2000, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Advance2000’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.