Hello everyone, this is Chris France with Advance2000. I wanted to share this short video with you today so that you can see what you would experience should you request your own Virtual Desktop to test your design applications.
- First look at local laptop and see how you will connect into your Design Workstation
- In this Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), we have our “middle of the road” system with 32gb of RAM, 2gb graphics, and 4 CPU’s. We can add computing resources depending on your application needs.
- In my local home office, I have broadband from Time Warner Cable, 50×5 mbps service. This is plenty of bandwidth to run a VDI from our datacenter. In the datacenter, the VDI is also connected to the internet. You’ll see my speedtest in the video that shows I have 200mb down and approx. 320mb upload from my VDI. Your mileage will vary depending on the bandwidth your business has deployed.
- Catia – I have an x-wing fighter sample file that I pan/zoom/orbit in real time.
- Navisworks – sample file where I pan/zoom/orbit
- Revit – You can imagine how a team of Revit designers, each with their own VDI, can work on a project like they are all sitting in the same room. And they can physically be located anywhere in North America and some International locations. Some of our current clients used the free demo we provide to test this collaboration themselves. We supplied two demo workstations so they could test collaboration on a single model from two separate locations.If you’d like to try this out yourself, reach out to us and we’ll get you set up with a FREE DEMO.